Thursday, December 1, 2011

Beware the Eggs of March



After 20 years of fairly strict veganism, I have decided to include (local, small farm, humanely produced) eggs in my diet starting this Spring. The plan is to maintain 99-95% vegan, so it’s not a big deal to most people, I know. But after making many of you deal with 20 years that went from curiosity to militancy to self-righteous indignation to stoic smugness to reflection to stubbornness to reflection to humbleness to reflection… I thought I owed you this note. So in keeping with my lazy environmentalism, I’ve decided to become a lazy vegan, AKA a vegetarian.

If anyone is interested (or knows anyone who might be interested) in doing an exit interview/examination for research purposes on a long-term strict vegan, please get in touch before March 15, 2012.

Okay, you may now commence with the egg jokes. Please keep them brief and G-rated. Press conference adjourned.

AT Crawley

No comments: